Welcome to the new home of the Cafe. The Cafe has been serving retro goodness since 1999. If you were a previous member of the Atomic Magazine or the Port Halcyon Cafe Forums please click on "Forgot your password?" which is located in the left column to get a new password. Your old user name has been reserved for you. We look forward to talking with you!

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

Re: Upcoming Update of the Cafe

OK, put some yellow back in.  How does everyone like it?

Administrator has disabled public posting
Marlowe
useravatar
User Info

Maybe I spoke too soon!  The gray is a tad dark... lol

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

Marlowe,Mar 22 2005, 03:31 PM wrote:

Maybe I spoke too soon!  The gray is a tad dark... lol

[snapback]67127[/snapback]

Changed it back.  How's that?  I think it looks good with the yellow.

Marlowe
useravatar
User Info

Still seeing gray, TMBC.  I even tried re-logging in to see if there was any difference.

retrokitten
useravatar
User Info

I saw Yellow for a minute and then it went back to grey...looked good, though . smile

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

OK, maybe speaking in shorthand isn't working.

Right now you should see a light yellow background color to the top, left, and bottom of the message area.  If you do see this yellow color, do you like it?

In those same areas, I can make the text darker if need be.  Let me knwo your thoughts.

We're trying to stay within the existing color pallette, so the light yellow and light blue (not yet used) background colors are the same as what we use on the home page.  I'll do what I can to make the Cafe colorful, as long as it's still readable.

Thanks for the continued feedback!

retroruby66
useravatar
User Info

all I still see is the grey with a slight pinkish color where the avatar is.

SappySwami
useravatar
User Info

[attachmentid=2]
[attachmentid=3]

That's what it looks like in IE, and Firefox. Don't worry about fixing it up for Firefox, though. It works well enough, and IE is used by more people anyway.  smile

I'm actually not sure why it would be any different... except for that technology is painfully silly.

Marlowe
useravatar
User Info

Much, much better.

retroruby66
useravatar
User Info

Yeah, even though not yellow, blue with pink is good LOL...I like those colors....I still am getting notification after each person posts...cause I like to know right away so I can click in and read, but that fills up my e-mail...use to be I would get ONE notification of a new post, and would not recieve another till I clicked into the thread...and then it would pop me in right after my last post so that was cool...so I guess I will have to re-decided what type of notification works for me.

GirlieGirl
useravatar
User Info

Is there a reason that people's user names aren't showing up with their posts?  It is kinda confusing.

SappySwami
useravatar
User Info

It's part of FireFox having issues. They show up in IE. Which is why this extension is lovely.  big_smile

useravatar
User Info

Doll, big-time log in problems...and even when it finally works I'm informed that I need to change my e-mail address. :blink:

Eileen

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

Guest_lindydivaus_*,Mar 25 2005, 08:01 AM wrote:

Doll, big-time log in problems...and even when it finally works I'm informed that I need to change my e-mail address. :blink:

Eileen

[snapback]67205[/snapback]

OK, I'll check it out.  But you definitely do not need to change your e-mail address.

Sorry for the SNAFUs, everyone.  I will do my best to resolve all the big issues you've mentioned this weekend.

TheItGirl
useravatar
User Info

TMBC,Mar 25 2005, 12:22 PM wrote:

OK, I'll check it out.  But you definitely do not need to change your e-mail address.

Sorry for the SNAFUs, everyone.  I will do my best to resolve all the big issues you've mentioned this weekend.

[snapback]67213[/snapback]

I get the same message about emails.  I went into my profile and changed the email address to another of my email addresses and now I don't get the message.

Also when I'm at work on the internet, people's names don't come up with their posts.  It's a bit confusing.  But it works fine at home.

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

SappySwami,Mar 22 2005, 07:55 PM wrote:

[attachmentid=2]
[attachmentid=3]

That's what it looks like in IE, and Firefox. Don't worry about fixing it up for Firefox, though. It works well enough, and IE is used by more people anyway.  smile

I'm actually not sure why it would be any different... except for that technology is painfully silly.

[snapback]67142[/snapback]

Keith-
Thanks very much for posting those images.  I think I may have figured out what was happening.  It seems like FireFox closes an html comment tag with ">", whereas IE closes it with "-->".  The IE way allows me to comment out large blocks of code, but in Firefox, the browser tries to render stuff I thought I'd commented out.

If you have a chance, can you loet me know if the user names are showing up and the colors look more consistent?  (One of these days I'll install FireFox and do my own testing.)

And I agree, technology is painfully silly.

TMBC

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

CharlieH.,Mar 21 2005, 03:49 PM wrote:

One more thing, when I post a reply, the previous posts appear as a single one by the last poster.

[snapback]67078[/snapback]

That should be fixed now.

66FordFalconClubWagon
useravatar
User Info

TMBC, could we get back the "Fast Jump Between Forums" feature, like we had before this recent makeover? That was a nice feature, once I actually found it, and I'll truly miss it. Otherwise, I don't have any other complaints about the makeover.

Matt

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

CharlieH.,Mar 21 2005, 03:49 PM wrote:

You know... the more I barge around this place the more I realize how much cozier the old joint was, perhaps a little more color will help? Also, even though I don't use them, I liked the old smilies better. I'm beginning to miss the little airplane, the feline evil faces, the eye roller and the bucket of popcorn. Think you could migrate those too? There are a few thing I have to try yet (posting pics, PMs, polls, etc), but everything seems to work fine.

One more thing, when I post a reply, the previous posts appear as a single one by the last poster.

[snapback]67078[/snapback]

OK, I added a bunch more emoticons.  Let me know if there are any more you want to see.  I'll also fix the pop-up so that you can see the titles of each one.

CharlieH.
useravatar
User Info

AAAH, There you are ( :plane: ) ! And so are the stooges! That'll certainly give things a more "old PH" look, if someone uses them. Yep, things keep gettin' better. (and I forgot, thanks for fixing the "previous post" glitch)

TMBC
useravatar
User Info

No problem, amigo.  Thanks to you for finding these bugs and bringing them to my attention!

retroruby66
useravatar
User Info

you are doing a great job! :cheers:

feral
useravatar
User Info

My dial up doesn't like the new format one bit. So I won't be around as much.

I haven't been here long enough to be missed, I would imagine, but I am really going to miss this place. It really is my online refuge from the modern world.  sad

Eventually I'll move out of my mom's (where I am living to help her out financially for a bit) and I'll have DSL again.

I like the format myself, it's just not working for my connection.

::waves:: See you all around.

retroruby66
useravatar
User Info

sad  We will too miss you....and hope that you will be able to hurry back! ( hope you see this!  :blink: )

smilin_buddha_joe
useravatar
User Info

Feral, please keep checking back as TMBC is still working out some of the oddities of the new forums programming.

Also if anyone else is having issues please let us know about them so that we may address them.

Keeping it all in RetroSpective

Board Info

User Info:   Newest User :  DutFrurevense  
Online  There are no members online
Topic
New
Topic
New
Active
New/Active
Active