Welcome to the new home of the Cafe. The Cafe has been serving retro goodness since 1999. If you were a previous member of the Atomic Magazine or the Port Halcyon Cafe Forums please click on "Forgot your password?" which is located in the left column to get a new password. Your old user name has been reserved for you. We look forward to talking with you!

Deja Voodoo
useravatar
User Info

SPAM on the menu at the Cafe?

Has anyone else noticed the two recent threads that popped up at the Cafe blatantly advertising worthless/irrelevant products/events/etc.? Here's a link to one of them: FIORICET,or it's genenic Butalbital, is a non-nar. Of course I can't remember/find the other one. What's up with this? Does someone (or a computer) actually spend time signing up with the Cafe and then post this quack!e? Is that some intern's job to serve SPAM at message boards? I don't know about everyone else, but I detest SPAM.

And we all thought the Cafe, as well as the Port, was a safe haven.  :huh:

I assume this is happening because of the mere fact that this is an INTERNET message board and the INTERNET likes to find new ways to inconvenience or generally annoy law abiding, harmless citizens like all of us.

Still, I say blech!
Am I alone here?
Peace,
Pete

Administrator has disabled public posting
smilin_buddha_joe
useravatar
User Info

Re: SPAM on the menu at the Cafe?

Yeah, I've seen it. The bastards are hitting us once a day. I've been deleting them so that they are out of your way.

Keeping it all in RetroSpective

Deja Voodoo
useravatar
User Info

smilin_buddha_joe,Feb 20 2006, 08:53 PM wrote:

Yeah, I've seen it. The bastards are hitting us once a day. I've been deleting them so that they are out of your way.

[snapback]77947[/snapback]

Most awesome! Thanks a lot  big_smile
Peace,
Pete

Lost Soul
Red Under the Bed
useravatar
User Info

That's a shame. I was looking for new ways to strengthen my erection, score with the ladies, win on-line poker contests and get high on hitherto unheard of pharmaceuticals.

You killjoys!

Lolly
useravatar
User Info

No worries, Lost Soul!! I have plenty Of such SPAM I can forward onto you!!!

Lost Soul
Red Under the Bed
useravatar
User Info

You're too kind Lolly!

I see that yet another bubble-headed simpleton has decided to offer us yet another 'unbeatable offer' in the Style & Fashion thread of all places.

Board Info

User Info:   Newest User :  DutFrurevense  
Online  There are no members online
Topic
New
Topic
New
Active
New/Active
Active
New/Active